Nested Archives

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Is it possible to decompress nested archive on the fly without witting file to disk.

I have .tar archive with many .gz archives, so I tried to decopress ArchiveEntry to MemoryStream, and then create new SevenZipArchive from this stream but i get error: "Unable to open the archive. It may be corrupted." Is this approach valid? Please help!
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:57 AM
I get this same error regardless of whether I write the file to disk or just write to memory stream.
If I use the 7zip program (rather than SevenZipLib) to open the resulting file (of the nested archive) it works fine.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Mar 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM
I have the same issue as mcmillab. with mine it seems to be file size related i guess. i have several tgz files that have a .tar file inside of them, then inside the .tar file is another compressed file i think .tar or .tgz again. these are vmsupport outputs from vmware esxi hosts. anyway , it strange but seems any of the original .tgz file decompresses to value of over 3gb or so then i have the issue. if the .tgz files are under 3gb i do not have the issue. Any help appreciated ?